Definition of dialyse in English:
1Purify (a mixture) by means of dialysis.
- The reaction mixtures were subsequently dialyzed against 100 mM ammonium acetate solution at pH 7.4 in the dark followed by lyophilization.
- The urine was dialyzed against deionized water in 6-8 kDa molecular weight cutoff dialysis tubing (Spectrapor, Spectrum Laboratories, Rancho Domingues, CA) and lyophilized.
- The purified protein was dialyzed into 20 mM ammonium bicarbonate and lyophilized.
1.1Treat (a patient) by means of dialysis.
- Somewhere around 1/4 of all of our patients are dialyzed that way.
- Humour, even during war, and illness, are not missing; nor is irony: the first patient to be successfully dialysed and live was a Quisling who had become ill in gaol after the Liberation.
- The morning after he's dialyzed, while still on subcutaneous heparin, he tells an alert resident about slight breathlessness.
Mid 19th century: from dialysis, on the pattern of analyse.
Words that rhyme with dialyseimperialize • bestialize
Definition of dialyse in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.