- (Of a rock formation, region, etc.) producing or yielding diamonds.More example sentences
- Numerous geological series of auriferous and diamantiferous areas would also be worth studying in detail.
- Last December, two diamantiferous kimberlites were discovered in the Otish Mountain region.
- The marine prospection is made by boats equipped with pumps in order to sample the diamantiferous gravel.
late 19th century: from French diamantifère, from diamant 'diamond' + -fère 'producing'.
More definitions of diamantiferousDefinition of diamantiferous in:
- The US English dictionary