- 1 (also diamondback rattlesnake) A common large North American rattlesnake with diamond-shaped markings. Also called diamond rattlesnake.
More example sentences
- Genus Crotalus, family Viperidae: two species
- At 35 deg C, not atypical of a sunny, summer day in the southwestern U.S. deserts, the western diamondback rattlesnake, Crotalus atrox, shakes its rattle at frequencies up to 90 Hz.
- It's a showdown between two of the world's most dangerous desert hunters: a red-tailed hawk and a diamondback rattlesnake.
- I was asked to pick up a western diamondback rattlesnake bare-handed.
- 2 another term for terrapin ( sense 2).More example sentences
- The periwinkle in turn is preyed upon by blue crabs and diamondback terrapins.
- Volunteers found 21 diamondback terrapins in abandoned crab traps pulled from the edge of the bay.
- This suggests that all could provide food for diamondback terrapins.
More definitions of diamondbackDefinition of diamondback in:
- The US English dictionary