noun[mass noun] • technical
- Sweating, especially to an unusual degree as a symptom of disease or a side effect of a drug.More example sentences
- The first phase of toxicity includes anorexia, nausea, vomiting, malaise, and diaphoresis - symptoms for which acetaminophen may be administered.
- The classic symptoms include headache, diaphoresis, palpitations, and paroxysmal hypertension.
- The initial phase is followed by the abrupt development of clinical symptoms such as fever, diaphoresis, hemorrhagic meningitis, and shock.
late 17th century: via late Latin from Greek, from diaphorein 'carry off, sweat out', from dia 'through' + phorein 'carry'.
More definitions of diaphoresisDefinition of diaphoresis in:
- The US English dictionary