Definition of diastereoisomer in English:
Each of a pair of stereoisomeric compounds that are not mirror images of one another.
- Because of the presence of two chiral carbon atoms in the dioxolane linker, the chemical synthesis route leads to two distinct diastereoisomers, in which the linkers are respectively SS and RR.
- It has five chiral carbons and only the naturally occurring diastereoisomer is biologically active.
- The precipitated diastereoisomer was pressed out and washed with approx.20 l of ice-cold 2-propanol.
- Example sentences
- Two diastereoisomeric forms, respectively SS and RR, of chemically modified channels in which a dioxolane ring links the formylated N-termini of two gramicidin monomers, were shown to form ion channels.
- Whilst most of the discussion has been about diastereoisomeric salts, it does not have to be so.
- Both 9 and 10 have four stereogenic centers giving rise to diastereoisomeric compounds existing as mixtures of two racemates.
Definition of diastereoisomer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.