- Consisting of two atoms: only diatomic molecules are easy to study in this way, as larger molecules invariably fragmentMore example sentences
- A covalent compound is held together by covalent bonds (a covalent bond holds two atoms together to create diatomic molecules, such as H 2 or N 2.
- In a covalent diatomic molecule, a difference in the electronegativity of the atoms will result in a dipole moment.
- However, many elements appear as diatomic molecules, as a result of attraction between individual atoms.
More definitions of diatomicDefinition of diatomic in:
- The US English dictionary