noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A poisonous, reactive gas made by the action of acids on some borides. It is the simplest of the boranes and is an example of electron-deficient bonding.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: B2H6
- The similarity between the electronic structures of ethylene and diborane is well known.
- The reactions of diborane and its alkyl- and aryl-derivatives with indefinite compounds are also analyzed.
- Chronic exposure to low concentrations of diborane may cause headache, light-headedness, fatigue, weakness in the muscles, and tremors.
More definitions of diboraneDefinition of diborane in:
- The US English dictionary