- A plant of the genus Dicentra (family Fumariaceae), especially (in gardening) a bleeding heart.More example sentences
- Gardener Roger Brooks will be around to talk to, there will be a plant sale including dicentras from the national collection and the 15th century church will also be open.
- Herbaceous borders are planted with a wide variety of hostas, pelargoniums, ferns, iris, dicentras and spring bulbs.
- I cannot get dicentras and pulmonarias to grow well.
modern Latin, from Greek dikentros, from di- 'two' + kentron 'spur, sharp point'.
More definitions of dicentraDefinition of dicentra in:
- The US English dictionary