- An attempt to gain illicit access to a computer system by using a very large set of words to generate potential passwords.More example sentences
- The methods are secure against off-line dictionary attack and incorporate an otherwise unauthenticated public key distribution system.
- Unfortunately, an eavesdropper can capture the hash transmitted by a WPA supplicant and run an off-line dictionary attack against the hash to deduce the password used to create it.
- Both tools are written for Linux systems and perform a brute-force dictionary attack against WPA-PSK networks in an attempt to determine the shared passphrase.
More definitions of dictionary attackDefinition of dictionary attack in:
- The US English dictionary