- An Australian Aboriginal wind instrument in the form of a long wooden tube, traditionally made from a hollow branch, which is blown to produce a deep, resonant sound, varied by rhythmic accents of timbre and volume.More example sentences
- What sounds like a didgeridoo and a flute weave a stunning and evocative duet.
- The horns are akin to the didgeridoos of the Australian aboriginals and are referred to generically in the Central African Republic as ongo.
- Now growing in popularity is Aboriginal music featuring the didgeridoo, an elongated tube that vibrates when played.
1920s: imitative; from an Aboriginal language of Arnhem Land.
More definitions of didgeridooDefinition of didgeridoo in:
- The US English dictionary