- 1An older sister or older female cousin (often as a proper name or form of address): ‘Just have a look at this luggage, didi.’More example sentences
- One day, Smriti said ‘Daddy naughty Anita didi said so.’
- Kalpana was didi to a whole generation here in India, a role model - both actually and symbolically as one for whom the stars were literally the limit - for youngsters struggling to make a place for themselves in the world.
- Why were all the servants in the village pointing at Shalu didi when her tummy became big?
- 1.1A respectful form of address to any older woman familiar to the speaker.More example sentences
- ‘Didi, didi, didi,’ she pleads, gesturing to her mouth and her malnourished body.
- And, memorably, Arundhati didi what's the Sydney Peace Prize?
from Hindi dīdī.