Definition of die link in English:
An established connection between coins struck from the same die.
- But finding die links or die identities in the broader category of imitations has proven to be elusive.
- This graph illustrates the reduced slide velocity of a progressive die link compared to a standard crank motion.
- The 31 plates illustrate the coins and die links, early Macedonian coinage, and unpublished hoard material.
verb[with object] (die-link) Back to top
Establish a connection between (coins).
- Except for die-linking, all of the above methods are dependent upon accurate and complete classification.
- Such pendants were produced in multiples: the two pendants from Wingham are identical and are die-linked to a third pendant found in Grave 134 in the nearby Dover Buckland cemetery.
- The two varieties from this blundered reverse die, Breen 3 - D and 4 - D, are not die-linked to any other group of marriages, thus, cannot easily be placed in the exact order of production.
Definition of die link in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan