noun[mass noun] Physics
- The migration of uncharged particles towards the position of maximum field strength in a non-uniform electric field.More example sentences
- DEP traps can use either negative dielectrophoresis pushing cells away from the electrodes or positive dielectrophoresis pulling cells toward the electrodes.
- We demonstrate that electrodeless dielectrophoresis can be used for concentration and patterning of both single-strand and double-strand DNA.
- We assign this trapping to strong dielectrophoresis due to the high electric field and electric field gradient in the pipette tip.
More definitions of dielectrophoresisDefinition of dielectrophoresis in:
- The US English dictionary