- An unsaturated hydrocarbon containing two double bonds between carbon atoms.More example sentences
- They had reacted a conjugated diene with a simple alkene to generate a cycloalkane.
- The formation of conjugated dienes occurs when free radicals attack the hydrogens of methylene groups separating double bonds and leading to a rearrangement of the bonds.
- They found that the lead catalyst was effective in reacting the well known Si-containing reagent Danishefsky's diene with various aldehydes to produce dihydropyrone hetero-cycles.
More definitions of dieneDefinition of diene in:
- The US English dictionary