noun (plural same)
- A day on which no legal business can be done, or which does not count for legal purposes.More example sentences
- If the last day is a Saturday or Sunday, or other dies non, he ought not to leave it until the last day.
- To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what plans he has to use improved technology to provide for a closing date for absent vote applications nearer the date of elections; what proposals he has to abolish dies non in future calculations of election timetables; and if he will make a statement.
- The 1983 Representation of the People's Act specifically states that a general election cannot be held on a dies non.
Latin, short for dies non juridicus 'non-judicial day'.
More definitions of dies nonDefinition of dies non in:
- The US English dictionary