- A branch of mathematics concerned with the determination, properties, and application of derivatives and differentials. Compare with integral calculus.More example sentences
- In his last years he worked on a new absolute differential calculus and a geometry of Hilbert spaces.
- The Academy sought the best article on the theory of the mathematical infinity and they designed the competition to encourage mathematicians to seek a sound basis for the new differential calculus.
- I seemed to hit the limits of my mathematical abilities after differential calculus in 1986, my first year of university.
More definitions of differential calculusDefinition of differential calculus in:
- The US English dictionary