1A thing that diffuses something, in particular:
- Based in Upper Marlboro, Md., the company now supplies acoustic diffusers for a wide variety of installations.
- I will be talking about acoustic diffusers, how we might deal with echo problems in railway stations.
- The gun diffuser had been blown apart in two places.
1.1An attachment or duct for broadening an airflow and reducing its speed.
- Supply and return air to and from the ground floor is ducted to diffusers incorporated in and above the light fittings.
- When using your BBQ as an oven, the diffuser deflects the direct heat from the burners to prevent scorching the food in the bottom of the pan.
- To sustain your energy after work, plug a car diffuser sprinkled with an essential oil into your car's cigarette lighter, or place a few drops on your defrost vents and turn on the fan.
1.2 Photography A device which spreads the light from a light source evenly and reduces harsh shadows.
- Light going through the diffuser was directed toward the drop and was scattered by the drop interface into the camera.
- I don't have the other system (optical cable), but it's generally the same type of thing - you tape an optical sensor over the camera's diffuser and it tells the strobe when to flash.
Words that rhyme with diffuserabuser, accuser, boozer, bruiser, chooser, cruiser, infuser, lollapalooza, loser, Marcuse, medusa, mezuzah, misuser, peruser, refuser, snoozer, Sousa, user, yakuza
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: dif|fuser
Definition of diffuser in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.