- 1A thing that diffuses something, in particular:More example sentences
- Based in Upper Marlboro, Md., the company now supplies acoustic diffusers for a wide variety of installations.
- I will be talking about acoustic diffusers, how we might deal with echo problems in railway stations.
- The gun diffuser had been blown apart in two places.
- 1.1An attachment or duct for broadening an airflow and reducing its speed.More example sentences
- Supply and return air to and from the ground floor is ducted to diffusers incorporated in and above the light fittings.
- When using your BBQ as an oven, the diffuser deflects the direct heat from the burners to prevent scorching the food in the bottom of the pan.
- To sustain your energy after work, plug a car diffuser sprinkled with an essential oil into your car's cigarette lighter, or place a few drops on your defrost vents and turn on the fan.
- 1.2 Photography A device which spreads the light from a light source evenly and reduces harsh shadows.More example sentences
- Light going through the diffuser was directed toward the drop and was scattered by the drop interface into the camera.
- I don't have the other system (optical cable), but it's generally the same type of thing - you tape an optical sensor over the camera's diffuser and it tells the strobe when to flash.
More definitions of diffuserDefinition of diffuser in:
- The US English dictionary