- A drink, especially an alcoholic one, drunk before or after a meal in order to aid the digestion.More example sentences
- Once, a liqueur was generally accepted to be a sweet alcoholic drink, flavoured with fruit, herbs and spices and consumed as a digestif after a meal.
- He'd enjoy a scotch while he was waiting for his lunch, two glasses of beer with the food, and a digestif.
- They are superb, and as a digestif after a meal they are without equal.
French, literally 'digestive'.
More definitions of digestifDefinition of digestif in:
- The US English dictionary