noun (plural dillies)[usually in singular] North American • informal
- An excellent example of a particular type of person or thing: that’s a dilly of a breakfast recipeMore example sentences
- The nameless viewpoint racer is making 'one last run', and it's a dilly.
- At only $14.95 it's a dilly of a deal for this long sold-out series, previously available only in hardcover (if you could find it).
- This is their first effort to publish a shotshell reloading manual, and it's a dilly.
adjective (dillier, dilliest)Australian /NZ • informal , • dated
- Odd; foolish.More example sentences
- She'll get it dirty, get it trodden on, silly, dilly girl.
- ‘This is a double dilly sale,’ the youth desperately screams, then cocks his head in amazement of the sentence he just uttered.