(also dim sim /ˈsɪm/)
- A Chinese dish of small steamed or fried savoury dumplings containing various fillings.More example sentences
- There is Chinese food too - bean-curd soup, dim sum and spring rolls.
- Sake wine and whiskey are also the order of the day, along with delicious bar snacks from sashimi and dim sum to fried oysters and Japanese sausage.
- There are Filipino stews, take out Chinese dim sum, or German sausages and French pastries at a deli.
from Chinese (Cantonese dialect) tim sam, from tim 'dot' and sam 'heart'.
More definitions of dim sumDefinition of dim sum in:
- The US English dictionary