noun[mass noun] Mathematics
- Analysis using the fact that physical quantities added to or equated with each other must be expressed in terms of the same fundamental quantities (such as mass, length, or time) for inferences to be made about the relations between them.More example sentences
- The idea of dimensional analysis is that in all equations, the units on the left hand side must match those on the right hand side.
- Concepts such as scaling, dimensional analysis, linear and nonlinear stability theory, asymptotic analysis, Fourier methods, and so forth can be effectively taught in the context of continuum mechanics.
- And third, dimensional analysis, such as principal components analysis, draws conclusions from the variation in items.
More definitions of dimensional analysisDefinition of dimensional analysis in:
- The US English dictionary