Definition of dimerize in English:
verb[no object] Chemistry
Combine with a similar molecule to form a dimer: AlCl3 molecules dimerize to form molecules of Al2Cl6
More example sentences
- Most of the free probe had dimerized via disulfide bond cross-linking, yielding a spectrum with five lines and alternating linewidths.
- On the other hand, the viologen radical cation has a tendency to dimerize in a polar solution because of the poor hydrophilicity.
- Sulfonated phthalocyanines are well known to dimerize in aqueous solution.
- Example sentences
- Indeed these two polar amino acids can interact with orthosilicic acid present in marine aqueous solutions and favor silica dimerization.
- A key step in the calculation of the free energy of dimerization concerns the entropy loss upon bringing two monomer chains together to form the dimer.
- Another domain is usually responsible for dimerization or oligomerization of the transcription factor monomers.
Definition of dimerize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan