verb[no object] Chemistry
- Combine with a similar molecule to form a dimer: AlCl3 molecules dimerize to form molecules of Al2Cl6More example sentences
- Most of the free probe had dimerized via disulfide bond cross-linking, yielding a spectrum with five lines and alternating linewidths.
- On the other hand, the viologen radical cation has a tendency to dimerize in a polar solution because of the poor hydrophilicity.
- Sulfonated phthalocyanines are well known to dimerize in aqueous solution.
- More example sentences
- Indeed these two polar amino acids can interact with orthosilicic acid present in marine aqueous solutions and favor silica dimerization.
- A key step in the calculation of the free energy of dimerization concerns the entropy loss upon bringing two monomer chains together to form the dimer.
- Another domain is usually responsible for dimerization or oligomerization of the transcription factor monomers.
More definitions of dimerizeDefinition of dimerize in:
- The US English dictionary