- A man’s jacket without tails, typically black, worn with a bow tie for formal occasions in the evening.More example sentences
- James wore a dinner jacket and black silk bow tie, although he had adjusted it to hang around his neck so that he could undo his top-button.
- When the invitation says black ties or lounge suits, always invest in a dinner jacket and black tie for the occasion, as being the sole wearer of a lounge suit at an enormously posh occasion can be embarrassing, or construed as stingy by some.
- And he started the tradition of wearing a black tie with the dinner jacket, instead of the tailcoat's white tie, another of Brummell's legacies.
More definitions of dinner jacketDefinition of dinner jacket in:
- The US English dictionary