Definition of diocesan in English:
Of or concerning a diocese.
- Each local context requires creative action that enables parish and diocesan leaders to promote a sense of belonging and ownership among Latinas and Latinos.
- As I look back on decades of chairing parish and diocesan meetings, the book's purpose hits home.
- Diocesan newspapers do not broadcast weaknesses in diocesan procedures or policies.
nounBack to top
The bishop of a diocese.
- Since 1704 the chief bishop of the Anglican church, designated the Primus, is elected from among the Scottish diocesans.
- Although the financial arrangements are kept under constant review, it is expected that the diocesan's obligations will continue for many years.
- Its Diocesan is Archbishop Gregorios, who resides in London.
Definition of diocesan in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan