Definition of diode in English:
1A semiconductor device with two terminals, typically allowing the flow of current in one direction only.
- Molecular electronics - designing carbon-based molecules to act as wires, diodes, transistors and other microelectronic devices - is one of the most dynamic frontiers in nanotechnology.
- With up to four stacked diodes in a device, the lasers can output up to 80 W of infrared power at a pulse length of 100 ns.
- An integrated circuit contains a planar first transistor and a diode.
1.1A thermionic valve having two electrodes (an anode and a cathode).
- The cathode of the diode is connected to the column side of your matrix, the anode is connected to your switch, and the other contact on your switch connects to the row.
- Electronic technologies to watch: diodes that convert waste heat into electricity, cheap computer chips printed like newspapers, and electromechanical devices that fit on the head of a pin.
- The field emission cathode can be used as an efficient cold cathode in a variety of electronic devices, such as flat panel field emission displays, microwave diodes, triodes and more complex devices.
Words that rhyme with diodetriode
Definition of diode in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan