noun[mass noun] Zoology
- (In most female mammals) a period of sexual inactivity between recurrent periods of oestrus.More example sentences
- The reproductive cycle has four stages: anestrus, proestrus, estrus, and diestrus.
- A greater percentage of CL in early diestrus tend to have a fluid-filled lumen vs the CL during late diestrus and advanced stages of pregnancy.
- Progesterone secretion also increases during metestrus and diestrus with a decrease afterwards.
More definitions of dioestrusDefinition of dioestrus in:
- The US English dictionary