- A stony meteorite of a kind consisting largely of pyroxenes and plagioclase.More example sentences
- In addition, individual fragments of eucrites and diogenites are often found within the howardites.
- This photo of a diogenite is magnified 40 times - exactly the same amount as the eucrite.
- Howardites are polymict breccias composed of angular clasts of eucrites and diogenites welded together by pulverized mineral dust.
late 19th century: from Greek Diogenēs 'descended from Zeus' + -ite1.
More definitions of diogeniteDefinition of diogenite in:
- The US English dictionary