- Relating to the refraction of light, especially in the organs of sight or in devices which aid or improve the vision.More example sentences
- The dioptric power of this liquid lens depends on the refractive indices of the materials and the radius of curvature of the interface.
- The dioptric system helps focus the image on the retina.
- If the lens had an index of 1.53, the dioptric value of that radius of curvature would be 4.64 diopters.
mid 17th century: from Greek dioptrikos, from dioptra, a kind of theodolite (see dioptre).
More definitions of dioptricDefinition of dioptric in:
- The US English dictionary