noun[mass noun] Medicine
- An antihistamine compound used for the symptomatic relief of allergies.
More example sentences
- A synthetic amine, usually used as a hydrochloride salt; chemical formula: C17H21NO
- Take an antihistamine containing diphenhydramine (Benadryl, Tylenol Severe Allergy) or chlorpheniramine maleate (Chlor-Trimeton, Teldrin).
- Amitriptyline, diazepam and diphenhydramine (in Tylenol PM) are considered risky for older individuals.
- The sedating antihistamine diphenhydramine is found in Benadryl, Tylenol PM and Sominex.
More definitions of diphenhydramineDefinition of diphenhydramine in:
- The US English dictionary