- Having a double peristyle.More example sentences
- It was tripteral octastyle on the two narrow sides, and dipteral eikosastyle on the long sides, that is, it was surrounded by 104 Corinthian columns in total.
- The temple we see today is an Ionic structure measuring 60 x 118 m, with a dipteral arrangement of two rows of columns with 21 on each side and 10 at each end.
- The temple is dipteral with eight columns.
early 19th century: from Latin dipteros (from Greek, from di- 'twice' + pteron 'wing') + -al.
More definitions of dipteralDefinition of dipteral in:
- The US English dictionary