noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic drug used as a coronary vasodilator to treat angina, and to reduce platelet aggregation and hence the chance of thrombosis.More example sentences
- Taking aspirin with dipyridamole reduces platelet accumulation at the anastomosis.
- Clopidogrel should be used in patients with true intolerance to aspirin (allergy or intractable side effects on low dose enteric coated aspirin with or without antiulcer drugs); dipyridamole alone does not prevent cardiac events.
- Antiplatelet drugs, such as low dose aspirin or dipyridamole, are used in patients with bioprosthesis in sinus rhythm and in addition to anticoagulants in the high risk patients with mechanical valves.
More definitions of dipyridamoleDefinition of dipyridamole in:
- The US English dictionary