(abbreviation: DC or dc)
- An electric current flowing in one direction only. Compare with alternating current.More example sentences
- An integral inverter changes the direct current to alternating current for transmission into the facility's electrical distribution systems.
- LED lights require a transformer to turn alternating current to direct current.
- High frequency current should be used for starting the direct current and arc with alternating current high frequency should be used continuously.
More definitions of direct currentDefinition of direct current in:
- The US English dictionary