- (In diesel engines) the use of a pump to spray fuel into the cylinder at high pressure, without the use of compressed air: [as modifier]: a direct-injection dieselMore example sentences
- The new LCV comes with direct injection turbo charged diesel engine and an increased payload capacity to help customers achieve better economies of scale.
- Direct injection is the coming technology for both gasoline and diesel engines, according to Bosch.
- The direct injection turbo diesel is borrowed from Peugeot and provides an alternative to the petrol power.
More definitions of direct injectionDefinition of direct injection in:
- The US English dictionary