(also direct ratio)
- The relation between quantities whose ratio is constant: sensors emit an electronic signal in direct proportion to the amount of light detectedMore example sentences
- Moreover, the total amount of each type of atom that accumulated at the terminals was found to increase in direct proportion to the quantity of electricity applied.
- Big business has prospered in direct proportion to the constant erosion of living standards.
- There are myriad examples of American hype as well - the quality and quantity of saccharine and nostalgia in direct proportion to the evil or self-interest being undertaken.
More definitions of direct proportionDefinition of direct proportion in:
- The US English dictionary