- A short dagger of a kind formerly carried by Scottish Highlanders.More example sentences
- An assortment of rifles, pistols, dirks, daggers, and cudgels were quite literally dripping off their massive persons.
- Shields, longswords, shortswords, broadswords, greatswords, and any other kind of sword you could name; daggers, dirks, scimitars, pikes, bows, and weapons even whose names escaped her.
- There were over a dozen men in the inn yard by now, all watching the confrontation, and an entire town beyond them, and if only the loudmouth wore a sword, at least half the others carried dirks or daggers.
mid 16th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of dirkDefinition of dirk in:
- The US English dictionary