Definition of dirty trick in English:
1A dishonest or unkind act.
- It's ludicrous to assume that we did this… It's a political dirty trick.
- Keel admitted he knew his wife was pulling a political dirty trick and tried hard to rehab his own image within both the campaign and the media.
- Circumstantially, it seems extremely likely that it was produced by Democrats as a political dirty trick.
1.1 (dirty tricks) Underhand political or commercial activity designed to discredit an opponent.
- It has a long and notorious history of surveillance, harassment and dirty tricks directed against left-wing political activists and organisations.
- We as the electorate, have the ability to turn party political dirty tricks in to cold hard cash.
- This highlights the need to investigate smears posing as ‘investigative journalism’, which in this case proved to be a campaign by the media and government, with dirty tricks courtesy of the security services.
Definition of dirty trick in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan