verb (disses, dissing, dissed)[with object]
- Speak disrespectfully to or criticize: I don’t like her dissing my friends a campaign of forum postings and emails dissing the company maybe you should stop dissing psychics and discover that part of yourselfMore example sentences
- At first, she won't speak to him, mad that he dissed her in front of their captain.
- The last thing I want to do is start dissing the judge.
- It's bad enough that he's forced to preside over four days of the Queen's jubilee coverage, but then he's attacked by BBC viewers for dissing Her Majesty.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
1980s: abbreviation of disrespect.
More definitions of disDefinition of dis in:
- The US English dictionary