Definition of disaffected in English:
Dissatisfied, especially with people in authority or a system of control: a military plot by disaffected elements in the army
More example sentences
- You might find moments of optimism hidden among Tweedy's disaffected, disconnected lyrics.
- We know the system is wrong when there are so many disaffected voters.
- Very often the authorities were forced to acknowledge the wrongs inflicted on disaffected communities.
- disaffectedly adverb
- Example sentences
- Saleswomen stared disaffectedly above counters that were dark wood and polished.
- As portrayed by Thornton, Ed Crane wanders disaffectedly through life, somehow unencumbered by the dissolution of his world.
- Cross, on the other hand, usually stands disaffectedly in the crowd at shows, blending nicely with the rest of the jaded music fans in this city.
Words that rhyme with disaffectedaspected, disconnected, invected, unaffected, uncollected, unconnected, uncorrected, undetected, undirected, unelected, unexpected, uninflected, unprotected, unselected, unsuspected
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.