- Dissatisfied, especially with people in authority or a system of control: a military plot by disaffected elements in the armyMore example sentences
- You might find moments of optimism hidden among Tweedy's disaffected, disconnected lyrics.
- We know the system is wrong when there are so many disaffected voters.
- Very often the authorities were forced to acknowledge the wrongs inflicted on disaffected communities.
- More example sentences
- Saleswomen stared disaffectedly above counters that were dark wood and polished.
- As portrayed by Thornton, Ed Crane wanders disaffectedly through life, somehow unencumbered by the dissolution of his world.
- Cross, on the other hand, usually stands disaffectedly in the crowd at shows, blending nicely with the rest of the jaded music fans in this city.