Definition of disaffirm in English:
verb[with object] Law
1Reverse (a previous decision).
1.1Repudiate (a settlement): to disaffirm a contract is to say it never existed
More example sentences
- It was specifically disaffirmed by Justice Lindgren at trial.
- However, failing to find differential receptiveness does not disaffirm this possibility if the polygyny allele is fixed in the population.
- To do so is to disaffirm the universal fatherhood of God and the unity of His Torah.
- Example sentences
- Girls are besieged by disaffirmations in the media that encourage accessorizing over opinions.
- What could these affirmations and disaffirmations mean when examining the doctrine of providence?
- This graduate started with considerable disaffirmation of his identity as a graduate.
Definition of disaffirm in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.