- 1Lack of consensus or approval: there was some disagreement about the details [count noun]: disagreements between parents and adolescentsMore example sentences
dissent, lack of agreement, difference of opinion, dispute; variance, controversy, disaccord, discord, contention, divisionsargument, debate, quarrel, wrangle, squabble, altercation, dispute, disputation, war of words, contretemps, misunderstanding; discord, strife, conflict; bickering, sparring, contention, dissension, disharmonyBritish • informal rowBritish • informal , Football aftersScottish • informal rammy
- I hate arguments and disagreements although I love debates and discussions.
- If all disagreements stem from a lack of understanding, does that mean one party is misunderstanding, or both?
- We cannot allow disagreements to build into disputes, conflict or antagonism.
- 1.1Lack of consistency or correspondence: disagreement between the results of the two assessmentsMore example sentences
- The apparent disagreement between the result of Field and ours was solved by a model simulation.
- There is a natural difference in emphasis but no underlying legal disagreement.
- Two assessors independently reviewed each trial, and disagreements were resolved by consensus.