- Refuse to declare valid: he was offside and the goal was disallowedMore example sentences
- The single grievance leading to this appeal arises out of the trial judge's refusal to disallow the evidence of what was said between the appellant and the police officers prior to arrest.
- As such, we disallow it as a valid operation on numbers.
- The particular Louisiana statute which allows emergency controls on firearms also clearly disallows the complete prohibition being imposed by the New Orleans chief of police.
- More example sentences
- But the full rigour of the regulations will be applied with claw-backs and disallowances being enforced.
- That is why IFA is making a major push in the negotiations with Government for incentives, through tax relief and social welfare disallowances, to encourage medium-term land leasing at an affordable price.
- I am offering to eliminate the federal powers of disallowance in exchange for the abolition of the Senate.
late Middle English (in the sense 'disown, refuse to accept'): from Old French desalouer.