Definition of disassociate in English:
Another term for dissociate.
- Every once in a while, anchors and correspondents - as though disassociating from their own roles - paused to marvel at how the sniping story was deflecting public attention from the stretch drive of the 2002 campaign.
- In the last seven days we have received numerous telephone calls, letters and e-mails from representatives and members of the 41 organisations on the list, disassociating themselves with the PEGG initiative.
- Cllr Aird: ‘I'm disassociating myself from the proposal of my two colleagues.’
- Example sentences
- The deaggregation observed may now be viewed as a systematic separation or disassociation of the component protomolecules from their aggregated state.
- For an unfortunate minority, several crucial elements of the work/family/partner equation are missing and the holes are filled with recreational obsession, causing a degree of disassociation from conventional behaviour.
- Such status also supports the photograph's definition as object, thus affirming its artistic value through a disassociation with traditional photographs, both fine art and commercial.
Pronunciation: /dɪsəsəʊʃɪˈeɪʃ(ə)n/ /dɪsəsəʊsiˈeɪʃ(ə)n/noun
Definition of disassociate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.