Feeling or expressing disbelief: the disbelieving look in her eyes
More example sentences
- Elizabeth interjected, giving her mother a disbelieving stare.
- I played back the message for my disbelieving friends.
- The next day, he shows the letter to his disbelieving doctor.
- More example sentences
- ‘Twenty years in local government,’ he whispers disbelievingly.
- My new boss laughs, disbelievingly, but I patiently explain I'd been invited to a singles night comprising of rising marketing professionals such as myself.
- Another asked, disbelievingly: ‘Surely he doesn't think he can get away with that kind of thing?’