- 1The payment of money from a fund: they established a committee to supervise the disbursement of aidMore example sentences
- The Department of the Environment has been considering a scheme for disbursement of waste management funds made available in the budget.
- There are absolutely no conditions for disbursement of these funds to the government.
- Whatever the Chancellor's real objectives here, his critique calls into fundamental question the logic of having a centralised regional fund assessment and disbursement system at all.
- 1.1 [count noun] A payment, especially one made by a solicitor to a third party and then claimed back from the client: the bill includes unpaid professional disbursementsMore example sentences
- Solicitors can only pay disbursements as agent for a client if they are authorised to do so by the client.
- What is not offered is settlement of the Claimants claim for costs and disbursements of the claim.
- To provide peace of mind against the possibility of having to pay his opponent's costs, a client can take out insurance to pay the opponent's costs, and the disbursements the client has paid his lawyer.