- Denoting or belonging to one of several strict orders of Catholic friars or nuns who go barefoot or are shod only in sandals.More example sentences
- When the moment finally comes for our brothers to definitively commit themselves to the Lord as a Discalced Carmelite it is both the culmination of years of prayer, preparation and discernment and a new and wonderful beginning of a life lived for God alone.
- Anyone who is interested in the vocation to the cloistered life as a Discalced Carmelite Nun, please contact the Reverend Mother.
- The ministry of the Discalced Carmelites flows from their life of prayer and is oriented toward leading others to intimacy with God.
mid 17th century: variant, influenced by French déchaux, of earlier discalceated, from Latin discalceatus, from dis- (expressing removal) + calceatus (from calceus 'shoe').
More definitions of discalcedDefinition of discalced in:
- The US English dictionary