- A tube containing charged electrodes and filled with a gas in which ionization is induced by an electric field. The gas molecules emit light as they return to the ground state.More example sentences
- In 1895, a German physicist named Wilhelm Roentgen made the discovery while experimenting with electron beams in a gas discharge tube.
- The discharge tube is a lot like a neon light or fluorescent lamp.
- The scroll collects the compressed air and forces it into the discharge tube, then into the intake manifold.
More definitions of discharge tubeDefinition of discharge tube in:
- The US English dictionary