Definition of discography in English:
noun (plural discographies)
1A descriptive catalogue of musical recordings, particularly those of a particular performer or composer: the factual reliability is commendable—he clearly had a good discography to hand
More example sentences
- These expanded capabilities can capture all of the credits that are typically printed in the liner notes of an audio CD, as well as data found in comprehensive musical biographies or discographies.
- Appendices contain a discography and details of concert halls around the world.
- The crucial distinction between a discography and a library or manufacturer's catalogue is the critical selection and organization of its information for a distinct purpose.
1.1All of a performer’s or composer’s recordings considered as a body of work: his discography is overwhelmingly classical
More example sentences
- This pairing of the two violin sonatas is also extremely important for the composer's discography and also includes a number of short rare pieces that add to the enticement of the disc as a whole.
- Essentially, this recording adds little to the Schumann discography, and other reviews I have read seem to be of like opinion.
- The Wonder edition includes an informative biography and a discography of his recordings.
- discographer noun
- Example sentences
- Here the discographer has parsed the recording history into the particulars of band formation.
- As of this writing, no discographer has made his research available on a computer disk.
- What you see here has taken three discographers plus numerous other contributors over seven years just on the web, much less the decades of paperwork before that.
Words that rhyme with discographyautobiography, bibliography, biography, cardiography, cartography, chirography, choreography, chromatography, cinematography, cosmography, cryptography, demography, filmography, geography, hagiography, historiography, hydrography, iconography, lexicography, lithography, oceanography, orthography, palaeography (US paleography), photography, radiography, reprography, stenography, topography, typography
Definition of discography in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.