Definition of disconcerting in English:
Causing one to feel unsettled: he had a disconcerting habit of offering jobs to people he met at dinner parties
More example sentences
- People say that he doesn't smile much, but he has a throaty chuckle and the disconcerting habit of laughing when he is cross.
- Molly, a servant, had the disconcerting habit of periodically dropping on her knees for a quick prayer.
- He has a disconcerting habit of talking very seriously and then suddenly withdrawing.
- Example sentences
- My sense of smell suddenly and disconcertingly became acute during the early stages of my second pregnancy and hasn't diminished since.
- And most disconcertingly, exposure to television, these days, is transfiguring into exposure to visuals of violence.
- But the consequences are disconcertingly similar.