Definition of discontented in English:
Dissatisfied, especially with one’s circumstances: I am so discontented with my work a discontented housewife (as plural noun the discontented) the ranks of the discontented were swelled by returning soldiers
More example sentences
- While shopping in New York City, our discontented housewife gets caught in a furious windstorm.
- I'd ended sophomore year back at square one - discontented and unhappy.
- His discontented and frustrated characters actively pursue their options and do not just submit to their fate.
dissatisfied, disgruntled, fed up, disaffected, discontent, malcontent, unhappy, aggrieved, displeased, resentful, envious;
restless, impatient, querulous, fretful, complaining, frustrated, irritated, chagrined, annoyed, peeved, piqued
informal fed up to the (back) teeth, with a chip on one's shoulder, sick to death, sick and tired
vulgar slang pissed off, peed off
North American vulgar slang pissed
- Example sentences
- A seagull is staring at me discontentedly through one beady pale green eye.
- ‘I figured as much,’ I grumbled discontentedly.
- I wail unhappily, kicking discontentedly at my gear on the floor.
- Example sentences
- Although she is presented in peasant dress, there is no feeling of hardship or discontentedness.
- The protestors claim that one of the main reasons for discontentedness is the former gold mining company's failure to meet its promises before the local population.
- That this can go on in such proximity without any feelings of discontentedness or envy is an amazing feature of campus life.
Words that rhyme with discontentedmalcontented, unaccented, undented, under-represented, unfermented, unfrequented, unlamented, unrepresented, unscented
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan