Definition of discouraging in English:
Causing someone to lose confidence or enthusiasm; depressing: a discouraging experience
More example sentences
- The political environment is likely to be equally discouraging for Labour.
- The news from Albright over the satellite phone was discouraging.
- We are living, my dear friend, in a discouraging time.
- Example sentences
- Others, even more discouragingly, said the questions were simply unanswerable.
- For the most part, ticket prices remain either beyond the reach of, or discouragingly expensive for, ordinary workers and youth.
- The little boy stomped away, sat back down next to Daniel, and began to stare discouragingly down the road.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia